Best Poker Site for US Players
There’s a growing popularity in sweepstakes poker sites across the US at the moment; this guide is here to show you which sites you should be playing at. This means revealing a great choice for anyone looking for a free poker site and showing you what kinds of games you can play there. Plus, you’ll get the lowdown on how you can pick up some special offers to give you even more credit to play with. It’s never been easier to find the best poker site for US players.
Table of Contents
- Best Poker Site for US Players
- Is Sweepstakes Poker Legit?
- The Best Sweepstakes Poker Site: Global Poker
- Can You Win Cash Prizes Playing Promotional Sweepstakes Poker Games?
- How To Sign Up To A Sweepstakes Poker Site
- How to Purchase Coins at Sweepstakes Poker Sites?
- Social Poker Sites Vs. Traditional Online Poker Sites
- How Poker Sweepstakes Games Work
- How Bonuses Work At Sweepstakes Poker Sites
- Summary – Your guide for finding the best poker site for US players
- Sweepstakes Poker Sites FAQ
Is Sweepstakes Poker Legit?
Yes, you are allowed to play at sweepstakes poker across the majority of the US. This is because you don’t actually play with real money at sweepstakes poker sites. Instead, you will be playing with a kind of virtual credit that has no actual cash value.
Plus, it’s important to note that the way credit is used at sweepstakes poker platforms is different to playing with real money. This is because you can’t directly win money on these sites, but instead have to redeem it by playing through it a certain amount of times.
All of this means that playing sweepstakes poker cannot be considered as a kind of regular gambling, and as such, you can play these sweepstakes games in way more US states than you would with regular online poker games.
The Best Sweepstakes Poker Site: Global Poker
Global Poker is by far the best sweepstakes poker platform in the US. In fact, it’s the only legit sweepstakes poker site in the nation, so it hasn’t exactly got a lot of competition. While you can search for something like casinos near me and find a lot of sites, the same isn’t true for sweepstakes poker.
Note that Global Poker will give you a substandard way of playing poker as it’s got all of the major variants here. From No Limit Hold’em and Pot Limit Omaha, all the way through to lesser-seen poker games such as Jackpot Sit ‘n Go, and something called Crazy Pineapple. Global Poker also excels when it comes to its poker tournaments. These feature a healthy range of weekly contests as well as no less than four different kinds of GP Championships.
Playing at Global Poker means either playing with Gold Coins in the standard mode or playing with Sweeps Coins. These Sweeps Coins let you play the promotional sweepstakes games where you just have to play through the value of your credit at least three times to be in with a chance of winning anything from gift cards to cash prizes.
It’s also worth noting that Global Poker is a brand you can trust. Like all VGW Casinos, it operates according to US laws so that you can play safe in the knowledge that you are doing so legally and securely.
- Lots of online poker variants
- Excellent range of poker tournaments
- Win cash prizes and gift cards
- Legit and trusted sweepstakes brand
- Promo offers could be better
- Limited information in FAQ
- Slightly confusing website navigation
Can You Win Cash Prizes Playing Promotional Sweepstakes Poker Games?
Yes, it’s entirely possible to win cash prizes just by playing sweepstakes poker online. To do this, you have to use a kind of virtual currency called either Sweepstakes Coins or Sweeps Coins to take part in the promotional sweepstakes games. These Sweeps Coins will have to be played through a certain number of times before you can begin the redemption process. Bear in mind that other prizes might be available such as gift cards and merchandise.
How Do Coins Work At Sweepstakes Poker Sites?
You’ll probably find two types of virtual credit at sweepstakes poker platforms. These are Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins and while neither have any cash value, they have to be used in different ways:
|Gold Coins||Can be purchased or claimed for free through a promotional offer. You can only use Gold Coins to play in standard mode which means that you won’t win any prizes.|
|Sweeps Coins||You can’t buy Sweeps Coins but you can get them as a bonus through buying Gold Coins or through special offers. Sweeps Coins can be used to enter the promotional sweepstakes games where you might win some prizes.|
Do I Need To Purchase Coins to Play at Sweepstakes Poker Sites?
Not necessarily. You can pick up virtual credit through one of the many available special offers. These range from things like welcome bonuses to login bonuses. However, you will be able to purchase Gold Coins as a back-up should there not be any promos currently available.
How To Sign Up To A Sweepstakes Poker Site
It’s easy to register your account at a sweepstakes poker platform. Here’s what you need to do:
- Sign up: This can be done by filling in a registration form with your personal information and then verifying your identity.
- Log in: You can do this by entering in your username and password.
- Claim bonus: Most sweepstakes poker sites have a welcome bonus for new customers that can give you free credit to play with.
- Start playing games: Now the fun begins where you can take your pick of all of the sweepstakes poker games and start playing.
Redeeming Prizes From Sweeps Poker Sites
You can’t make withdrawals from sweeps poker platforms like you would with regular real money casinos. However, you can redeem prizes by fulfilling some simple tasks. Just remember that you won’t be able to create multiple accounts to claim any deals like the welcome bonus multiple times. Here’s how you can redeem your prizes:
- Play through your Sweeps Coins the specified amount
- Request a redemption by clicking on the Redeem button
- Verify your identify to get your redemption request approved
How to Purchase Coins at Sweepstakes Poker Sites?
All good sweepstakes poker platforms and social gaming LLC casinos will let you make secure and efficient purchases of virtual credit. You will only be able to purchase bundles of Gold Coins, but you may receive some Sweeps Coins as a bonus.
All that you need to do is to log into your account and then head to the cashier section. From here you will be allowed to pick which payment method you want to use, select which Gold Coins bundle you want to purchase, and then make your payment. Most payments should be processed instantly and you should quickly find your Gold Coins in your account without any additional charges.
Payment methods at online poker sites
The good news is that all legit sweepstakes poker platforms will let you purchase virtual credit with a variety of trusted payment methods. This means that you should be able to find a payment provider suited to your own needs in terms of convenience, limits, processing times and so on.
Just as an example, here are some of the accepted payment methods currently available at Global Poker:
- American Express
- Online banking
Social Poker Sites Vs. Traditional Online Poker Sites
The good news is that there really isn’t too much difference between social poker platforms and traditional poker sites. The biggest difference is obviously the fact that you don’t play with real money at sweepstakes casinos, and instead will be using a kind of virtual credit.
Thankfully, it’s fairly easy to get used to how this virtual credit works as stakes for your game and the prize redemption process should be simple to understand. Beyond this, you will see a similar range of poker variants available as well as a good choice of tournaments.
Accessibility For US Players at Sweepstakes Poker Sites
The great thing about using sweepstakes gaming platforms is the fact that they are available in way more states compared to standard real money poker sites. This is because these sites don’t contain any kind of real money gambling and are therefore exempt from the kind of regulation that covers their real money counterparts.
As such you could play at any new sweeps casino or poker site anywhere in the US from Florida to California. However, it’s important to note that certain states like Washington don’t currently permit any online sweepstakes gaming. So check the terms and conditions of the sweepstakes poker platform you’re thinking of using before you sign up.
How Poker Sweepstakes Games Work
Each poker sweepstakes website should give you a good variety of poker games to pick and choose from. Expect to see all of the classics like Texas Hold’em and Omaha as well as alternatives such as Bounty Poker and so on.
All of these games should work in a similar way to their real-world counterparts. This means that you buy-in and play according to the game rules. If you win, you’ll be paid your winnings back in the virtual credit that you played with.
No-Limit Hold’em at The Best Poker Site For US Players
Texas Hold’em is widely regarded as being the ‘Cadillac of Poker’ and for good reason. It’s a poker variant that is just as likely to be seen at poker sites as sweeps slots online at sweepstakes casinos.
Most people play No Limit Texas Hold’em that features four betting rounds and the player can bet any amount. You can play this game for free at Global Poker.
Play Pot-Limit Omaha at a Free Poker Site
Pot Limit Omaha is pretty similar to No Limit Hold’em but it’s faster and more action packed. Players will be dealt four hole cards compared to two for No Limit Hold’em and there’s the obvious pot limit which makes it different to play. Give Pot Limit a try at Global Poker and you’ll quickly see why it’s become so popular.
How Tournaments Work For Social Poker
Just like many social casino gaming companies host tournaments, the same is true for sweepstakes poker platforms. In fact, there’s a much greater quantity and quality of tournaments at sites like Global Poker where you will be treated to lots of weekly competitions alongside major events such as the GP Championships.
Taking part is just a matter of buying in with your virtual currency and from here you can battle against other gamers. What’s best is that all good sweepstakes poker platforms serve up prizes for winning players that can include things like trophies, branded merchandise and much more. All of this shows that it’s not just those sweeps casinos with prizes because sweepstakes poker platforms can give you some cool rewards too.
How Bonuses Work At Sweepstakes Poker Sites
Bonuses are a major part of how sweepstakes gaming platforms operate. While there’s always the option to purchase virtual credit, it’s far more cost-effective to pick some up via one of the special offers. Here are just some of the different ways that you can get some virtual credit for free:
- Welcome bonuses: This is where you sign up to the sweepstakes poker platform for the first time and you’ll be gifted some virtual credit to play with as a reward.
- Login bonuses: Everyone loves a good sweepstakes casino login bonus as you’ll get free credit just for logging into your account every day or even every few hours.
- Social media giveaways: Lots of sweepstakes gaming sites take to social media channels like Facebook and Twitter to give away free credit. This means that you can get credit by doing something as simple as sharing a post or just answering some trivia questions.
- Regular promotions: It’s common for sweepstakes gaming platforms to give away free credit to their customers on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Special tournaments: Here, you may have to play specific games against other players. If you manage to get on the leaderboard, you could be rewarded with Gold Coins or Sweeps Coins.
- Postal requests: Often you can simply send in a postal request asking for Sweeps Coins from the gaming platform. Bear in mind that there are strict rules about how you do this that are usually listed in the brand’s terms and conditions.
- Reward programs: Finally, some sweepstakes gaming platforms have reward programs that give you anything from sweepstakes casino free spins to having your own VIP host just for spending plenty of time at their sites.
How To Claim The Global Poker Sign-Up Bonus
Global Poker has an excellent welcome bonus for new customers. It’s like a sweeps casino with no deposit bonus in that it gives you Gold Coins for free without having to spend any money.
You can get it simply by registering your first ever account at Global Poker, and you won’t have to use any sweeps casino bonus codes to activate the deal. Here’s what you need to do:
- Click on the Register button at the top of the Global Poker site
- Fill in the registration form with your personal information
- Hit the Verify My Account icon in the bottom-right of the Account tab
- Upload a scan of a government-approved photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport, as well as a selfie
- Wait for the Global Poker customer service team to verify your account. This usually takes less than 24 hours.
Summary – Your guide for finding the best poker site for US players
We’ve shown you a great free poker site that’ll give you a reliable way to play all of the major variants of this classic card game. While there is not the greatest amount of sweepstakes poker sites in the US at the moment, we’re pretty sure that there will be more to come in the future. Watch this space to see if and when Global Poker gets challenged for being the best poker site for US players.
Sweepstakes Poker Sites FAQ
It depends on which poker site you are using and which state you are playing from. Most poker platforms demand that you be at least 21 years old and the same is true for most states in the US. However, there are some states and free poker sites where you can play from 18 or 19 years old.
The sweepstakes poker site featured on this page has been checked to make sure that it is abiding by all US gaming laws and has all of the required digital encryption technology. Plus sites like Global Poker have their games checked for fairness by third-party testing agencies such as iTech Labs. Don’t be tempted to play at any offshore poker sites because they will give you nothing in the way of customer protection.
No, all sweepstakes gaming sites will only let you play with virtual credit rather than any kind of money. This virtual credit has no direct cash value.
Rake is the amount of commission fee taken by the poker provider for letting you play poker against other players. It tends to vary between 2.5% and 10% for each hand played.