PayPal is one of the oldest e-wallets around, and still remains one of the best. This article contains a test of online casinos with PayPal to see how the payment method works in this industry.
Overall, you will find that purchasing at a sweepstakes casino with PayPal is still one of the quickest and most efficient options. Moreover, like all e-wallets, it also offers you a bit of a degree of privacy. More details of the tests follow below.
Table of Contents
- A short introduction to Paypal sweepstakes
- Payment with PayPal – Step-by-step
- Average time for deposits and withdrawals at an online casino with PayPal
- Sweepstakes casino PayPal – KYC requirements
- The story of PayPal
- Funding an online casino with PayPal vs Other providers
- Win PayPal money – Why it is a popular payment method
- Win instant PayPal money – Casino deposit FAQ
- Online sweepstakes casinos with PayPal
- Sweepstakes Casino with PayPal – Conclusion
- Sweepstakes casino PayPal FAQ
A short introduction to Paypal sweepstakes
When it comes to making deposits or purchases using your sweepstakes casino account, PayPal will process your transaction instantly. Also, as alluded to above, it is more private than paying with your credit/debit card directly. This is because PayPal doesn’t share your financial details with the merchant.
The slight downside with PayPal is that there are some small transaction fees charged. However, the advantages, in most cases, make this a price worth paying.
Payment with PayPal – Step-by-step
Before you can make a payment at a sweepstakes casino with PayPal, you first need to set up your account. This is a relatively straightforward process, and all that you need to do is follow the step-by-step guide that has been provided for you below:
Setting up your account
- Sign up – Once you have landed on the PayPal website, click on the blue “Sign Up” button at the top of your screen.
- Select your account type – When you click on the button, it will open up a window where you have to choose between an individual or business account. Select your desired account type and click on “Next”.
- Create your login details – On the first page of the form, you will be required to enter some basic details, such as your name and country of residence. You will also have to create your username and password.
- Enter your personal info – On the next page, you will have to create more detailed information, including an official ID number from your passport or another official document. Make sure that you enter this information correctly, as it will be used to verify your account.
- Add a credit/debit card – At this stage, you have to enter the details of the main credit/debit card that you will use to fund your PayPal account. Setting this up will make things quicker and easier in the future.
- Verify your email address and phone number – You will be sent a verification email and you will have to click on the links and follow the instructions to fully open your account. For additional security, you may also be asked to verify your phone number as well.
Funding your PayPal account
Now that you have created your account, you can fund it with your credit/debit card or bank as follows:
- Head to the “Wallet” section when logged into your account.
- Click “Transfer Money” or “Add Money”.
- Select your preferred payment method (credit/debit card or bank transfer).
- Enter the amount that you wish to deposit.
- Receive your payment in seconds with a credit/debit card payment or in up to 5 business days with a bank transfer payment.
Making a payment
Now that your PayPal account is setup, you can now use it to fund or make a purchase on your sweepstakes casino account:
- In your casino account, follow the steps to make a deposit or purchase.
- Choose PayPal from the list of payment options (make sure it is available first).
- Enter or select the amount that you wish to pay.
- Click the button to confirm your payment.
- Log into your PayPal account and verify the transaction.
- Return to the casino website and the payment should go through within seconds.
Average time for deposits and withdrawals at an online casino with PayPal
Deposits made into a real money online casino, and purchases made on a sweepstakes casino site should be processed instantly. Always check the payment terms and conditions first with your provider, as it may take up to a few minutes with some operators. For larger deposits and payments, the transaction could take a little bit longer – up to 24 hours in some cases.
Naturally, withdrawals to your PayPal account can take a little longer on average, and the overall time varies between different casino sites. On some of the better real money casino sites, you will find that PayPal withdrawals are processed within 24 hours. However, this can take between 2-5 business days with other operators. Overall, only an online casino with prepaid credit card withdrawals is likely to have quicker transaction processing times.
If you are redeeming prizes from a sweepstakes casino using PayPal, the overall process will be longer. This is because the processing and verification time for sweepstakes prizes takes time – often up to 10 days. Once approved, the actual transaction itself should be processed within 24 hours.
Sweepstakes casino PayPal – KYC requirements
The KYC process at PayPal is actually quick and easy for individual accounts, all that you need are the following two documents:
- ID document: You will need to upload a scanned copy of your passport, driver’s license or other accepted form of government-issued ID.
- Proof of address: You will also need to provide a copy of a document containing proof of address. This can be a bank statement, utility, phone or credit card bill from within the last six months.
In order to upload your documents to complete the KYC process, you need to do the following when logged into your PayPal account:
- Go to the “Resolution Center” once logged into your PayPal account.
- If you haven’t yet done your KYC, you should see a screen stating that your access is limited.
- On this screen, click on the blue button titled “Go to Account Limitations”.
- Click on the “Resolve” button next and follow the instructions to upload your photo ID.
- Click on the second “Resolve” button below and follow the instructions to upload your proof of address document.
The story of PayPal
PayPal was first launched by three tech entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, California back in 1998. Initially, it was called “Confinity” and developed security software for cell phones and other early handheld devices. However, this model was short-lived, and the team instead turned their attention to creating an -e-wallet, PayPal, which was first launched in 1999.
The rest, as they say, is history, as PayPal quickly went on to become one of the leading digital wallets and online payment solutions in the world. Today, PayPal is available in 202 countries worldwide and has over 325 million active accounts. Over the years, PayPal has won multiple industry awards.
PayPal – A quick timeline:
- 1998 – Launched in California under the name “Confinity”.
- 1999 – The first PayPal digital wallet is launched.
- 2000 – Merger with Elon Musk’s company x.com
- 2001 – “Confinity” officially renamed “PayPal”
- 2002 – PayPal goes public and is acquired by eBay
- 2014 – eBay separates PayPal into a publicly traded company, which it remains to this day
- Present day – PayPal has over 325 million users in 202 countries (and counting)
Funding an online casino with PayPal vs Other providers
PayPal is the OG of the e-wallet world and still remains the most widely used worldwide. This means that it still has a certain degree of brand-trustability and a familiar process. Additionally, the key focus is still very much on the security of transactions. Moreover, at a sweepstakes casino, PayPal can often be used both to make purchases and redeem cash prizes.
However, there are some more modern alternatives to PayPal that also have their advantages. Skrill is perhaps the closest alternative to PayPal and offers faster withdrawals and lower transaction fees for personal accounts. While it is widely used in the USA and Europe, it isn’t as easily available in some other parts of the world.
If you are playing at a sweepstakes casino, sweepstakes casinos with Venmo are becoming a popular option. While PayPal is focusing more and more on developing its business account features, Venmo remains more focused on the individual. As a result, it is becoming more popular with casino players.
Win PayPal money – Why it is a popular payment method
With so many options now available, many players find themselves wondering if it is still worth using an online casino with PayPal. The answer? Absolutely. As said before, a test of PayPal has been conducted for the purposes of this article, the findings strongly show that this Casino payment method still ticks most of the boxes.
Most importantly, PayPal is a legit and licensed brand that is available across the globe – in 202 countries to be exact. Moreover, it still has some of the safest and most secure transactions around. As well as securing transactions with state-of-the-art encryption technology, with 24/7 monitoring, PayPal doesn’t share any of your information with the seller. Ultimately, as well as being safe, this means that sweepstakes casino PayPal deposits are also private.
Win instant PayPal money – Casino deposit FAQ
Issues can always arise when it comes to making PayPal payments and withdrawals at a sweepstakes or online casino. Not to worry though, as below, you have been provided with answers to some of the most common questions that people have ahead of using an online casino with PayPal. These answers should help you to avoid making the most common mistakes.
- Is PayPal widely accepted by US online casinos?
When it comes to real money casinos online in the US, you should find that the majority accept PayPal. However, these types of online casinos are only available in a handful of US states. Sweepstakes casinos are far more readily available across the US. Fortunately, some of the top new sweeps cash casinos accept PayPal.
- Do I have to pay fees at an online casino with PayPal?
With PayPal transactions, it is generally the recipient that has to cover the fee. This means that, when making deposits or purchases at an online or sweepstakes casino, it is the casino that will pay the fees and not you. However, when making a withdrawal or redeeming a prize, it is you who will be charged the fee. Some online casinos do charge their own transaction fees, however, the top operators do not, especially for deposits or purchases.
- Can I still claim the welcome bonus when using PayPal?
Yes, PayPal is not commonly excluded from deposit or purchase bonuses. This is one of the advantages that it holds over its newer competitors, such as Skrill and Neteller, which are often excluded from casino bonuses due to money laundering prevention. Additionally, most sweepstakes casino welcome offers don’t even require a deposit and/or purchase anyway.
- Why was my PayPal transaction blocked?
There are a few reasons why your PayPal payment to an online sweepstakes casino might be blocked. Mostly, this is just a security precaution if PayPal suspects suspicious activity or fraud. For example, you haven’t used the site before or are using a new device. In such cases, you simply need to go through some verification steps. Another reason that your transaction might be blocked is if you are trying to use an online casino in a state or region where they are banned.
- Do I have to use the same payment method for deposits and withdrawals?
In most cases, operators do prefer account holders to use the same method for deposits and withdrawals. The same goes for purchases and prize redemptions at a sweepstakes casino. However, you may find that some sweepstakes casinos permit PayPal purchases, but don’t have it available as an option for cash prizes redemption payments. In such a case, you will have to provide the details of a bank account that is in your name.
Online sweepstakes casinos with PayPal
PayPal is a very popular payment method that is available for deposits and withdrawals at most major online casinos. However, when it comes to sweepstakes casinos, sites accepting PayPal can be harder to find. Still, there are some big name social casino sites that support coin purchases with PayPal, including BetRivers.net.
If you want to use Stake.us, which is the number one recommended sweepstakes casino in the US right now, you can use PayPal to purchase bitcoin. You can then use this bitcoin to make Gold Coin purchases on the site and for redeeming any prizes that you become eligible for.
Sweepstakes Casino with PayPal – Conclusion
PayPal has been around for a long time and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Rather than having grown old and tired, it has only progressed and moved with the times. That’s why it still remains one of the safest, most secure and private payment methods in the world. Testament to that is the fact that it still has hundreds of millions of users in over 202 countries. When it comes to online and sweepstakes casinos, PayPal will only permit payments with legit operators that are legal in your location. Ultimately, this is an extra measure that can help ensure that you have a safe and secure online gambling and/or sweepstakes experience.
Sweepstakes casino PayPal FAQ
Although PayPal is not as widely accepted at sweepstakes casinos as it is at real money online casinos, there are still some that support this payment method. For example, at BetRivers.net you can purchase virtual credits using your PayPal account. Additionally, Gambino Slots also supports this payment option.
Most commonly, sweepstakes casinos prefer players to redeem prizes directly to a bank account that is in their name. However, there are some more progressive operators that now allow alternative payment methods, including PayPal, such as BetRivers.net and Gambino Slots.
Yes, PayPal is a safe, secure and reputable payment method to use at a sweepstakes casino. PayPal doesn’t share your information with the merchant, which increases your online privacy as well as your transaction security.