The best social betting sites in comparison
The selection of social betting sites available in the United States is bigger than ever. The question is how to make the most of such a grand variety.
This guide is here to help you maximize your enjoyment of any social betting platform you choose – including assisting you in finding a superb social betting website in the first place to take your gaming to the next level.
Table of Contents
- The best social betting sites in comparison
- World-class social betting platform examples
- Comparison table for the best social betting site candidates
- Win money playing casino and social sports betting
- Best social betting website shortlist
- Chumba Casino: Growing in popularity
- LuckyLand: An abundance of extras
- Pulsz: Loads of games, plenty of bonuses
- Fortune Coins: Going for the big time
- Stake Casino: A rock solid jack-of-all-trades
- BetRivers: Industry giant goes social with few compromises
- How safe is social casino and sports betting?
- Five reasons why social betting is popular
- Advantages and disadvantages of social betting”
- Five simple tips to choosing a social betting website
- Sweepstakes sites offer something for everyone
- Social betting sites FAQs
World-class social betting platform examples
Whether you’re looking for sports betting or fabulous slots, sweepstakes betting online is for you. The following operators are some of the finest options currently available to US players, and some examples of what makes them extra special:
- Chumba Casino: Top pick for big competitions
- LuckyLand: Awesome slots options
- Pulsz: Massive giveaways and purchase promotions
- Fortune Coins: Approachable and user-friendly
- Stake Casino: Fantastic game software/standards
- BetRivers: Enormous variety of games, includes social sports betting
Comparison table for the best social betting site candidates
|Site||Best For||Bonus Offer||Casino Games Offered|
|Chumba Casino||Connecting social gamers.||Free coins for logging in, social media promotions and mail in request.||100+ tables games, slots, jackpots.|
|LuckyLand||Sensational slots.||Cumulative daily log in offer.||Exact number unknown but includes slots/instant wins|
|Pulsz||Promotions and giveaways.||Registration offer for 5,000 Gold Coins.||300+ covering most game types.|
|Fortune Coins||Accessibility.||Sign up bonus giving away 140,000 Gold Coins, 500 Fortune Coins.||50 with slots and jackpots.|
|Stake Casino||In-house originals.||Chance to win 10,000 Stake Cash weekly.||321 including slots and table games.|
|BetRivers||Authenticity.||Credits for signing up, topped up every four hours.||521 covering slots, table games, live casino and sportsbook.|
Win money playing casino and social sports betting
Even in states where gambling is generally illegal, you can still play your favorite casino games – and sometimes even back sports markets – while potentially winning money, entirely legally in the overwhelming majority of the USA. Here, we’re going to explain how that’s possible.
How does the currency system work?
No social betting website will allow you to bet with real money. So, they have to use virtual money instead provided by the operator. This allows them to remain legal because they’re not gambling.
These tokens are used to bet and can be won and lost just like real money, except they have no monetary value on a USA sweepstakes casino. They can be used on both a casino social betting website and social sports betting operators. Do note though that sweeps sports betting is far less common than casino sweeps betting, although we expect it to become more widely available in the future.
How does the coin system work?
Virtual currencies can be called all kinds of things. For the purposes of simplicity, we’re going to refer to them as sweeps coins and sweeps cash. Check the terms of your chosen best social betting site for their terminology.
While both virtual tokens are without monetary value, sweeps cash are also sweepstakes entries. This means if you collect and play enough of them, you can trade them for prizes – even cash prizes.
How to play without buying coins?
It’s vital to note that in order to be considered a social betting platform, all sweeps casinos and sportsbooks must allow you to bet without the need for purchase. That means free sweeps cash and coins.
So, there’s no trick to playing without buying coins. They’re provided by the operator in a variety of ways and can then be utilized as you would expect by playing casino games.
How to get free coins
As mentioned above, how you get coins is down to the operator. Really, the only limit is the imagination and generosity of social betting sites. That said, the following are very common methods:
- Social media promotions
- Registration bonus
- Timed offers (such as being provided coins daily)
You can also buy sweeps coins if you want to extend gameplay, but not sweeps cash. The latter may be provided as a bonus with the former, though.
Best social betting website shortlist
What do the finest social operators look like? Here are five examples of what we consider among the best social betting site examples. Not only are these worthy of your consideration, but they set the benchmark for what you can expect.
Chumba Casino: Growing in popularity
At just over 100 games, the library offered by Chumba may not be the biggest, but they pack in plenty of quality and variety. Plus, it works beautifully whatever device you prefer, including the use of their miniature mobile app version Chumba Lite.
They’re also an innovator, allowing you to get cash through mail in request, and offering competitions that are bolstered by an immense million+ user base.
- Great game collection
- Fun promotions
- Competitions improved by popularity
- High minimum withdrawal
- No app
- Limited portfolio
LuckyLand: An abundance of extras
We’d say that much of what makes any new sweeps cash casino stand out comes down to the quality of the games, and how those games are played. Well, if you’re a slots and instant wins fan, LuckyLand has a fantastic library for you – with some table games sprinkled through.
On top of that, their decision to provide not just a big welcome bonus but additional coins every four hours means you don’t have to worry about running out of ways to keep playing. No LuckyLand review can deny how incredible their generosity is. LuckyLand proves itself exceptional as a social betting platform, whether on desktop or Android app.
- Welcome offer
- Additional coins every four hours
- Great for slots
- Sign up with Facebook
- No iOS app
- Non-American players not accepted
- Only EFTs accepted for withdrawals
Pulsz: Loads of games, plenty of bonuses
There’s nothing subtle about what makes Pulsz among our picks for best social betting site. It’s no great mystery why being offered 5,000 free coins upon registration is beneficial to Pulsz with real money gaming. The same goes for their purchase benefits, including extra games, ads removal and additional scratchcards, along with a generous selection of coins.
All this provides access to their 300+ collection of fabulous games and to hammer their excellence home, it’s all provided on a gorgeous site which is just as enjoyable to use. It’s even as good on mobile. Why is Pulsz a great social betting platform? Well, it’s obvious.
- Daily coins
- Massive benefits when purchasing extra coins
- Great mobile experience
- Consistent quality throughout
- Not available in Washington, Idaho and Nevada
- Does not offer an app
- Only 2.3 Free Sweeps Coins upon signup
Fortune Coins: Going for the big time
For many social betting sites, a name is little more than surface level. With Fortune Coins, it feels like a mission statement. Let’s start by talking about those coins, because there’s no shortage there. You’ll receive a whopping 140,000 Gold Coins and 500 Fortune Coins simply for signing up. What about that for a fortune?
Their 50 games are very jackpot-focused, meaning this is a site that wants you to think and win big. Fortune Coins is legit too when it comes to the fundamentals. All this is backed up with a solid interface, speedy checkouts and around the clock customer service, meaning you might have the perfect platform for the social betting dreamers.
- Fabulous slots selection
- Exciting jackpots
- 24-hour customer service
- Easy checkout process
- Lack of more specialty and table games
- No Android or iOS app
- Only 50 games available
Stake Casino: A rock solid jack-of-all-trades
If you find the very flamboyant and colorful style of many of the other social betting sites on this list to not be to your tastes, then this could be the best social betting site for you. It oozes a kind of late-night cool we know so many will find seductive. Plus, it backs that up with great promotions, excellent design, lively chat rooms and reliable customer service.
Perhaps best of all though, is the game selection. There’s over 200 impressive titles from world-class third-party software developers and even some from their in-house team. The latter may be their secret weapon, as it’s Stake Casino sweepstakes themselves who take on the more obscure titles like Dice or Crash. An impressive choice all round.
- Distinguished by mature design
- Lesser-known titles taken on by in-house team
- Great chat features
- Sturdy technical design
- No mobile app offered
- Only 1 Sweeps Coin upon Signup
- Only crypto for withdrawal
BetRivers: Industry giant goes social with few compromises
If you’ve never heard of BetRivers before, allow us to introduce them. They’re one of the best sportsbook and casino sites available in the US. And now their services are available to even more people, thanks to the move towards a social betting platform.
Other than using free credits rather than real cash, everything is as it should be. That includes hundreds of world-class casino options – including table game depth few other sweepstakes options can compete with. They even have some live options, which is ultra rare.
Best of all is the fact they’re one of the few that offer social sports betting. It does, however, come with a catch. No sweeps betting options means no cash prizes. But if that’s not an issue, consider our BetRivers rating to be sky-high.
- Sports betting is a unique treat
- Fantastic live casino games
- Awesome table game selection
- Little compromise from real cash version
- No opportunity to win real money
- Need to enable Flash to play it on desktop devices
- Only mobile devices with iOS 9+ and Android 5.1+ compatible
How safe is social casino and sports betting?
Very safe, assuming you’re using legal sweepstakes casinos and sports betting operators. No need of purchase lowers the risk and they’re much more broadly legal throughout the US.
Plus, we only ever recommend operators we know to be safe, meaning that if you take advantage of our advice, you needn’t worry whether a social betting website is safe and legitimate.
Five reasons why social betting is popular
- It allows you to play casino games legally
- On some sites, you may be able to bet (with virtual coins) on sports legally
- Play without needing to deposit or purchase anything
- Enjoy the sense of community on popular sites
- Win prizes for having fun
Advantages and disadvantages of social betting”
The advantages of social betting sites are obvious. For many, they’ll be the only option they have to enjoy casino games legally. Plus, they also allow anyone to play without needing to spend any money.
A disadvantage is that there are often less options in some gaming types. For instance, at the moment, sweepstakes gambling online offers many more slots than sports options. But this looks likely to change soon. Another disadvantage, of course, is that you can’t play for real cash.
However, if it’s legal in your state, you can always sign up to a cash betting site too. And if that’s not an option, then a social operator is a great compromise for fun.
Five simple tips to choosing a social betting website
- Utilize our recommendations: Everything we do here is to help you find a sweeps casino which works for you – and to help you make the most out of them. That’s why we recommend you check out our reviews of sweepstakes casinos online to find out which are worth considering.
- Check out the best deals: Whether it’s here or on the sites themselves, researching the best social casino deals can really help sway you towards an ideal social casino match.
- Consider your mobile needs: If you enjoy betting on the go, you’ll want to ensure your sweeps pick can satisfy in that regard. Consider, for instance, if you require social casino apps or are happy with playing on mobile browsers.
- Think about what games you’re into: A big, big part of the social casino experience is the games. So, what do you want to play? Is it just sweep slots casinos or something more out there? What might you wish to play in the future? Answering these questions can really narrow down your search.
- Take the redemption process into account: If you’re interested in sweeps cash casinos with real money prizes, you’ll want to know how that works for any social betting sites you’re considering. Specifically ,you’ll want to know how much you need to play to redeem any prizes, and the logistics of the process.
Sweepstakes sites offer something for everyone
While there certainly are a huge amount of social betting sites to choose from – and plenty of factors to consider in picking your favorite – you can rest assured that there’s bound to be one to suit you. The quality is too high and the selection too vast for there not to be.
All you need to do to find them is to take into account our advice, reviews and recommendations, and get searching.
Social betting sites FAQs
Gambling in the US is a complicated subject, with different laws across different states. It cannot be denied though that many are very restrictive. Those looking for social casino sites must then wonder if the rules are more relaxed for sweepstakes gaming? Put simply, are they generally legal? Check out our guide for the answers to these questions and more.
If you’re new to sweepstakes betting and are wondering whether it’s right for you – and if so, what you can expect from the finest social operators – one key question is simple. Most newcomers want to know what the broad advantages are of social casinos. To help, we’ll be explaining all the important things you need to know about how they work.
There can be no doubt that social or sweepstakes betting is most commonly associated with casino games. However, are they also available for people who wish to bet on their favorite sports in a fun, risk-free environment? Our betting guide includes information on all kinds of social betting, meaning if sports betting is available, it will be made clear here.